The Leonard Transportation Center has $24,000 in scholarship funds available to students at Cal State San Bernardino who wish to do research in transportation or pursue a career in transportation or a transportation related field.
For more information on the center's scholarship or to apply please visit CSUSB's Financial Aid web site.
- Any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at Cal State San Bernardino.
- Minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- Recipient must be enrolled at least half time.
- Recipient must demonstrate an interst in transportation reserach or in pursuing a career in the transportation or transportation related field.
- Recipient must submit an essay that is no more than 500 words in length, stating their interest in transportation research or why they wish to pursue a career in the transportation or transportation related field.
- Financial need considred but not essential
Contact Casey Cavello for more details
A few careers in transportation:
- Transportation Planner
- Transportation Engineer
- Transportation Manager
- Environmental Planner
- Urban / Regional / City Planner
- City Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Anthropologist / Archaeologist
- Landscape Architect
- Public Policy
- Public Administration
- Computer / Software
- Arts in Transportation
Local employers in transportation
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- San Bernardino Associated Governments (SANBAG)
- Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC)
- Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)
- County Governments
- City Governments
- Private Engineering and Planning firms
- Construction and Construction Management firms
- Private Industry
- Fed EX
- and many others